Friday, June 15, 2012

Mom and Grandma come to Visit.

At the end of March my mom and grandma both flew down to visit with us. It was so nice being able to see both my mom and my grandma. Even though I had just seen my mom the beginning of February it was still good to see her and I had not seen my grandma since September besides on Skype during Christmas.

While they were here we had to try to get things figured out what to do while they were here. So we had two big plans. Other then those plans we just went with the flow.

We went to a Spring Training game one of the nights. It was a nice experience to watch a baseball game. Harper enjoyed it. It was almost all of our first time at a Spring Training game. Even though it was not like going to an actual baseball game it was still a wonderful experience.

The other big thing we had planned was we went to the zoo. My grandma had never  been to a zoo so i thought that it was a good idea. We went also with one of my friends from Arizona and her kids. It was fun. Got to see a lot of animals. I love being able to go to the zoo and seeing them all. Only wish they had an elephant. Mine and Harper's favorite part of the zoo is being able to feed the Giraffes. We packed lunches so my grandma could eat when she needed to. So before we left it was time to eat our lunches. Before we completely left the zoo we went and looked at the gift shop.

Another day we went to Sam's Club where my husband works and got my mom and sister a new phone. Plus my husband got me a new purse. From there we went to the Mall. Which is almost right next door. We went to lunch there ate at Johnny Rocket. Then we walked the mall and headed back to the apartment.

Harper also got to bring her grandma and great grandma to the park in our apartment complex which is right basically outside our door. She loved being able to play over there with her Nama. She got to bring her bike from Christmas over to the park and show them how to ride it. Even though she couldn't reach the peddles.

By the time the visit was over I was not ready for them to leave. But the visit was really nice. It was fun having my family here. I miss them all so much. It sucks sometimes living so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment