Saturday, December 24, 2011

Harper's 1st ER visit Oct. 3, 2011

So we got a great big scare from Harper and had to take her to the hospital. We were at a friends house and the kids were playing and next think you know Harper is screaming and our friends daughter is carrying her inside. Then I see all the blood coming out. I thought it was just from her mouth till I saw her forehead. Right then I knew we had to go to the hospital. Where she hit her head was on the bottom of our friends door frame.


With all the pain that I knew she was in she was in a good mood after we got settled in the ER room. Good thing because we were there over 3 hours before they stitched her head up. Poor baby hated having to get it cleaned out and having to be held down.

After they stitched her up she had a final count of 2 dissolveable stitches underneath her her skin and then one running stitch that looped 6 times. I felt so bad having to have them hold her down so that they could get the stitches done. She HATED it. I would not blame her. I know if there is a next time that something like that happens I am not going to be in the room. I could barely handle it.

The next day she was a very cuddly baby girl. I figured she would be after the night before. She had to of been in pain. 

After the 24 hours of leaving the bandage on like the doctor told us to we took off the bandage.
The doctor told us to get the stitches took out 5 to 7 days after the day she got them in. Of course both days he told us to were either a holiday of the weekend when most places were closed. So we had a dentist we know take them out since he has all the tools to take them out.

Day the stitches came out.

I guess this is where she thinks the bandage goes.

All healed up and looking great.

No comments:

Post a Comment