Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Move to Arizona

After we got married. We moved to Arizona. Harper flew back with my new in-laws and we drove a uhaul down. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be on me and my parents to have Harper fly down and not going with us in the uhaul. I think it hit my parents harder because they were not going to be able to see her in just a few days like I was. It was so hard leaving my family behind.

We started out journey by going from St. Maries to my grandparents in Plains Montana. We made it there later than I had wanted to but the weather was not cooperating with us. We hit a snow storm and had to drive slow. Which sucked. But when we finally made it I was happy so we could see my grandparents before we left for Utah.

The day we left my grandparents house we went to the tribal office and got my tribal id so we had that before we got to Arizona. We tried to stop in and see my uncle but he was already gone. I was bummed not getting to see him.

Once we finally got on the road we drove to Billings and gassed up and ate then headed to Salt Lake. It was a long drive. We got to the hotel late at night so we got to see on the way into Salt Lake all the lights. Which was cool to see. We went and got food then went and checked into out hotel.

When we left Salt Lake we went to Provo and had lunch with a friend of ours from St. Maries. It was nice to see her. From Provo we went to Cedar City and stayed there for the night. I got to meet Kolby's family there. It was fun getting to know them all. We stayed with his uncle Matt and aunt Rachel that night and went out the next morning with everyone for lunch. After lunch we went to his cousin Crysta's hair salon and she cut my hair for me. We got to go see her house. Then said our good-byes to everyone and headed to Hurricane to see his grandparents. It was a short visit but we got to at least see them. Once we left his grandparents house we headed to Las Vegas.

We got to Vegas and had stayed at the Luxor. It was a very nice hotel. The room was amazing. The whole hotel had a Egyptian theme. Its the shape of a pyramid and had all the pictures and decorations inside of all the Egyptian decorations. Even the rooms had all the decorations. The colors were golds. The room we had looked over Vegas. The morning before we left Vegas we went and walked the strip. It was a fun experience.  I would of liked to have more time to look at all the shops on the strip before we left. But we didn't. We ate a P.F. Chang. That was my first time there. The food was amazing also. It was so worth it. Got some souvenirs for my family. Then we headed back to the uhaul and headed the rest of the way to Arizona.

We left Vegas and headed to Surprise. It took us like 6 hours and when we got there all I wanted to do was see Harper. When we got to the church where they all were watching the kids do the pinewood derby. She was so excited to see us. Just as excited as I was to see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment